AFTG provides all the help necessary to integrate automated services into your fund raising efforts. You need no additional staff, and have a single point of contact at AFTG for any questions that may arise.
With AFTG, the automated contribution process is customized to meet your specific requirements. Additions or changes to your automated donor base are made at your request.
In addition to setting up the processing system, AFTG makes available any training or collateral support you might need.
Once the system is in place, it works like this:
The donor (# 2 in our illustration above) signs an authorization form (# 3) and returns it to you (# 1) with a voided check for account verification.
- You forward the donor's banking information to us (# 4). We transmit a pre-notification transaction to the donor's bank, to test the system prior to the first "live" transaction.
- On the date specified, we initiate an electronic debit request through the Federal Reserve Bank's Automated Clearing House (# 5) to the donor's bank (# 6) and the transaction is posted to the donor's account (# 11).
- We receive (# 7) and hold (# 8) the donor's funds for three business days to verify funds availability.
- We credit the donor's funds (# 9, minus our fee) directly to your organization's designated account.
- Both you (# 10) and your donors (# 11) receive detailed confirmation of our transactions as part of your regular bank account statements.